TYSA Team Organized Mythbusters in National Science and Technology Fair 2020
Last Sunday, our TYSA team, led by our co-chairs, Kampanart Silva and Sasitorn Srisawadi, organized “Mythbusters: ใช่หรือมั่ว ชัวร์หรือไม่” as a part of NSM ‘s National Science and Technology Fair 2020 to challenge scientific reasoning and debunk the popular and interesting myths and misinformation.
The myths we selected to uncover are as follows:
• Smartphone battery drains faster if the phone dies before charging.
• Morning Glory nourishes eyes.
• It is safe to touch deliveries from Europe countries during COVID-19 outbreak.
• It is unnecessary to use anti-bacterial soap to kill germs.
• Toilet hand dryers help sterilize COVID-19.
• Doing sit-ups everyday gets rid of belly fat.
• Flatter tummy by cutting Carbohydrates.
• Drinking sugar free fizzy drink is not associated with weight gain.
• Radiation is all around us.
• A higher SPF (sun protection factor) cream protects skin better.
During the event, we also provided giveaways for those who shared their ideas and helped us prove the myths!